20 May 2007

fun weekend

Hooray hooray hooray!! My first year of grad school is finally over!! Well, I have a project due on Tuesday, but I have already finished it, so this was the first weekend where I didn't have schoolwork hanging over my head. It was a very nice feeling. It was a weekend full of fun and relaxation.

It all started Friday night when my Dad came down. He was refereeing the NCAA Division 1 Lacrosse quarter finals, which were at Princeton. He met me at the E-Quad and I immediately showed him my art exhibit. Well, not really mine, basically there is this thing called "Art in the Cafe" in the E-Quad Cafe. For the latest show (Black and White) I submitted a few photographs I had taken, and one of them got chosen. So I showed that to my Dad. For those of you who read this, if you happen to be at Princeton, you should go check out my photograph. I'm just excited to have one of my photos in a public exhibit. It's snazzy. In the evening, Dad took Luc and I out to dinner at the Blue Point Grill on Nassau Street. Excellent fish. I had Australian something. Of course I can't remember the name. Then, later in the evening, Luc and I went over to the hotel that my Dad was staying at and went swimming in the pool. Lots of fun.

On Saturday I went to the lacrosse game that Dad was refereeing. Luc came too. We could only stay for so long though, because that morning, an email was sent out that all the ChE first years were going to celebrate being done with the year by going out to NYC for dinner and dancing. So we left the game around half time and got ready to go to NYC. Hopped on the train and met up with everyone. It was a bit of a fiasco trying to connect with everyone once we got in the city. There were about 4 mini-groups of people, all trying to meet up. We finally met at the corner of 3rd Ave and 9th Street. We were starving, and Luc and I had been to a Japanese BBQ on that corner, so we suggested that, but when we went up, they did not have enough seating for 14. Fortunately, I was apparently speaking with the owner and he owned another restaurant on the corner of 1st Ave and 8th Street. It was more of a Sushi place than a BBQ, but that suited us just fine. They had a table for us when we arrived and we had a really good time. Luc, Dave, Tom and I split a party boat of Sushi. Delicious! After that, we headed back to a bar called the "Central Pub", I believe. "Central" something. It was an Irish pub (always a good choice) on 9th Street between 3rd Ave and 4th Ave. The fun part was that upstairs was a lounge with a dance floor. We went up, but were the only ones upstairs. That didn't bother us. We just got the party started. It was a lot of fun. We stayed until about 1AM, when we caught the last train back to Princeton. All in all, a very good day.

Sunday dawned bright and sunny, and I just slept the morning away, because I was so tired. I feel very rested now. It's great. There are some new pictures from the weekend up in the "May" album, so check them out.

No comments: